I suspect this is a newbie question, but here goes. What is the best practice for using a cert on a virtualmin server with one IP?
My server has one external IP to use with multiple virtual servers. If I want to get a SSL cert from a trusted authority, can I do the following:
- get a cert for the IP and a URL being server.domainname
- redirect webmail to point to the above URL:20000
- redirect admin to point to the above URL:10000
- since the above are miniserv based, where would instal/configurel the cert?
- will this work? Users who go to http://admin.domainname would get redirected to https://server.domainname:10000 and not get prompted for the cert acceptance? (and the same for webmail.domainname?)
What is the best way to do this?