spamassassin report_header

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, 05/15/2009 - 21:05

spamassassin report_header

I hesitate to put in a bug report because I'm just learning about all this virtualmin stuff, so it could just be me.

Under the spamassassin config module, I set it to report in the headers instead of the message body.

It looks like vm put 'report_header 1' into the file.

I ran:

spamassassin --lint

and that line was reported as an error.

I did a little research and it appears that item has been depreciated. I didn't quite understand what I am supposed to use in it's place though.

And even though --lint said it was ignoring that line, it doesn't really seem to be, as the report is in the headers - so I don't know, but figured I'd pass it along,


Sat, 05/16/2009 - 06:20

Hi Chris,

Yeah, it looks like "report_safe" is the recommended option to use here now rather than "report_header"... some docs on that are here:

You're right, it does look like report_header is deprecated now, so you might want to make a mention of that in the Bug Tracker to allow Jamie to get that up to snuff :-)

Sat, 05/16/2009 - 09:22 (Reply to #2)

Yea, my first bug report :)

I don't want to hold up the next version coming out though, I want that postgrey thingy!

Sat, 05/16/2009 - 11:30 (Reply to #3)

We publicly display the names of people who hold up releases so that the community knows who to yell at!

Ha, only joking -- the bug you found isn't a critical one. Although it's deprecated, it's not yet removed from Spamassassin.

They already branched the 3.69 release to do final testing on it, I imagine your bug fix will go into 3.70.

Have a good weekend!

Sat, 05/16/2009 - 12:44 (Reply to #4)
Joe's picture

Yep, don't fret none. If a bug is critical, we'll take an hour or two extra and backport the fix. If it isn't critical, it just goes into the next release. No bigs. We're fixing and improving stuff all the time. It is the cycle of life. ;-)


Check out the forum guidelines!

Fri, 02/16/2018 - 12:36
philmck's picture

This is still failing 9 years later in Webmin 1.872 for exactly the same reason, as far as I can tell.

If I run /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin I get a whole lot of debug output starting with

failed to parse line, skipping, in "/etc/spamassassin/": report_header 1

Commenting out that line (at the bottom, added by webmin) fixes the problem. I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, fully updated.

As far as I can tell, this configuration option has never existed - perhaps a typo rather than a deprecation.

Phil McKerracher

Topic locked