1) I am just really struggling to setup the webmail to use https://webmail.domain.com with roundcube
2) How do I install roundcube if I am not using a virtual server?
- I have tried manually installing roundcube via download and attempting to get it working in the directory the webmail is pointing to, but that is not working.
This is what I am trying to do:
- send all mail from mail.domain.com = "mail".domain.com NOT mail-1.domain.com (the actual hostname)
- use CENTRAL WEBMAIL (roundcube) on https://webmail.domain.com
- NOT :20000 and NOT /roundcube
This is what I have:
- domain (QDN) = domain.com
- DNS points both mail-1 and mail to same host
- hostname = mail-1.domain.com
- /etc/hostname = mail-1
- /etc/hosts = 127.0.0.1 mail-1.domain.com mail-1 localhost
I have configured Webmin Configuration to get SSL Cert via Let's encrypt for mail.domain.com
- this is working for https://mail.domain.com (using virtual server)
- so I access webmin/vmin admin interface on https://mail.domain.com:12345
- I have copied the certs to postfix and dovecot and they are working fine too
I will eventually add additional domains for email, but they should all
- 1) send mail through the mail.domain.com mail server
- 2) use roundcube on https://webmail.domain.com
Having played with iredmail before you can actually setup a mail domain using the same QDN as the host sits on (host (FQDN) = mail-1.domain.com / QDN = domain.com). On VirtualMin if you try setup a virtual server using the DQN (domain.com) on a host that is using mail-1.domain.com it causes all sorts of problems.
Any assistance please? Or tell me what I am doing wrong. :(