3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Wed, 08/31/2005 - 21:17



I'm using Virtualmin v 2.601, over Red Hat Linux (updated version of ES)

1) When I create a new virtual server (1 IP address) I get the errors:

Setting up scheduled Webalizer reporting .. .. Webalizer reporting failed! : Unsupported file or mode] at ../ line 715.

Setting up log file rotation ..

.. Log file rotation failed! : Unsupported file or mode] at ../ line 715.

Webalizer is installed.

2) Also, I enabled user quotas in Linux, but if I leave the default "Total quota for entire server" and "Quota for Unix user" as "none" in the virtual server creation form, then I get an error saying that quota is not setup or invalid.

3) If I already had a virtual server with the directives: NameVirtualHost *:80


VirtualHost *:80 some virtual host here /VirtualHost

Then, when I add a new virtual host thru Virtualmin I get appended:

NameVirtualHost myip:80


VirtualHost myip:80 some virtual host here /VirtualHost

and the overall effect is that if we go to "" the pages will be displayed as redirected to "".


Wed, 08/31/2005 - 23:06
Joe's picture

Hi John,

Number 1 I've seen before a few times, but I don't recall the exact solution--I believe there's probably a misconfiguration of the Webalizer Webmin module...Worth checking. I know I saw this recently in the 2.76 Virtualmin Professional version on a system that didn't have Webalizer installed. So there's a known bug (#6 in the bug tracker) in the handling of Webalizer problems, that will get fixed as soon as I've had a chance to provide Jamie with a system where it is easy to reproduce...but a workaround is to solve whatever problem is keeping webalizer from getting configured correctly.

Number 2 is also a bug. I believe it has been fixed in 2.76, and the fix will get rolled back into a 2.6x release as soon as we can wrap up the product and get all the subsequent fires from the release put out. Workaround is to always fill in 0 in the quota fields. They will disappear every time you save, but I think it works OK.

Number 3 is just a quirk of setting up virtuals without Virtualmin and then setting up others with Virtualmin. You can fix it by removing the VirtualHost *:80 line and moving the VirtualHost myip:80 line up above all of your existing virtual hosts. Restart Apache, and all should be well. (And Virtualmin will continue to be able to create domains without trouble.)


Check out the forum guidelines!

Thu, 09/01/2005 - 08:49 (Reply to #2)


Topic locked