Read User Mail module and "delete SPAM" button

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mon, 07/06/2009 - 12:56

Read User Mail module and "delete SPAM" button

I use the "Read User Mail" module within Webmin to tag and delete SPAM from our system. Until recently, this has worked without error. We are on Webmin 1.480. It seems we noticed the change in behavior delineated below after the update to 1.470. I'm not implying that I am certain that there is a cause and effect related to the upgrade to 1.470; I just know that it was about the same time that we upgraded that we noticed the change.

The behavior we are seeing now is an error when deleting SPAM from reading the email body and clicking on the "delete SPAM" button. The error does not occur when you use the delete SPAM button when viewing the list of emails of a mailbox. The error is:

Reporting this message to Razor and other SpamAssassin spam-blocking databases ..

Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined)

.. failed! See the error message above for the reason why.

We are using RedHat EL 4 ES with a functioning Spamassassin and MailScanner setup.

Thanks for your comments.

Mon, 07/06/2009 - 13:05

When you do that, do any errors show up in either of the logfiles?

That would either be /var/webmin/miniserv.error or /var/usermin/miniserv.error.


Mon, 07/06/2009 - 23:53 (Reply to #2)

No errors are entered in either log file as a result of this action.

Tue, 07/14/2009 - 14:17 (Reply to #3)

Nuts, I'm sorry about the delay -- are you still having trouble with this using the latest Virtualmin release?

If so, I'll talk to Jamie, as you're right, it may be a bug.


Thu, 08/27/2009 - 11:35 (Reply to #4)

I'd given up on you...

Yes I'm still having trouble. I had overlooked the email indicating you'd replied and I just now found it and so now the delay's on me.

All the issues are the same with the current version.



Thu, 08/27/2009 - 13:51 (Reply to #5)

Hi there Scott,

Okay, what I'd recommend then is filing a bug using the "Support" link above.

At that point, Jamie can take a closer look and figure out what's going awry!

In your bug report, make sure you include what version of VM the problem started occurring in (as you included in your post here), as well as the fact that it's still occurring in the current version.



Topic locked