I know something changed recently, but I don't know exactly when because the things that are going wrong aren't things I check on or use daily. I gave a whirl at posting on the forum, but so far it's no help. (https://forum.virtualmin.com/t/dynamic-ip-troubles-hostname-and-dns-clie...)
I'm a rare Virtualmin customer who works behind a Dynamic IP and uses the Community version of Virtualmin despite paying annually for the next better version.
Somehow, the way I would go into Webmin -> Networking -> Network Configuration -> Hostname and DNS Client -> DNS Client Options -> DNS servers: to add back in the
127.0.0.1 has changed. I believe it to be a Virtualmin problem. No attempts to put the value in their stick. All attempts to run Virtualmin -> System Settings -> Re-Check Configuration fail.
Because of wandering around today trying to find solutions I ran a command and was surprised to see the number I couldn't seem to put in was instantiated on my system live:
systemd-resolve --status Global DNS Servers: 127.0.0.1 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
So it appears I have a Shroedingers-Cat; it's there and it ain't there.
Another very related symptom I'm having is my Collabora Office part of my Nextcloud server stopped working in a new way. It seems to be related to the inability to proxy pass off of
127.0.0.1. This has never happened to me before with Collabora and I've been running it for many years now. The URL for the office part works and its cert is still valid.
I'm not sure what to do next to help solve this problem.