Submitted by mrcheidel on Fri, 01/08/2021 - 00:44
Dear support, I find this error after update from 1.962 to 1.970
Please can you help me? Thanks of lot Claudio
Error - Perl execution failed Undefined subroutine &main::authentic called at /usr/share/webmin/authentic-theme/index.cgi line 12.
Submitted by JamieCameron on Fri, 01/08/2021 - 00:47 Comment #1
If you SSH in as
/etc/webmin/restart, does that fix the issue?
Submitted by mrcheidel on Fri, 01/08/2021 - 00:50 Comment #2
Nope, I try restarting the service and not work
Submitted by JamieCameron on Fri, 01/08/2021 - 00:55 Comment #3
Does it help if you logout of Webmin and login again? And refresh the page in your browser?
Submitted by mrcheidel on Fri, 01/08/2021 - 00:58 Comment #4
I try to do this in incognito mode, and find the same error after login :-/
Submitted by mrcheidel on Fri, 01/08/2021 - 02:10 Comment #5
Dear Jamie Cameron I rolled back the system using the below commands:
wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.962_all.deb -P ~/
sudo dpkg --install ~/webmin_1.962_all.deb
Now the system is restored and working on v1.962 The upgrade to 1.970 have any issue, I have upgraded my systems multiple times in the past and never has been an issue.. this case is different.
Thank you! mrcheidel
Submitted by ManicoW on Fri, 01/08/2021 - 05:16 Comment #6
Same problem and error message here with webmin 1.970 on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
When you restart Webmin does the pid change?
Is there a way to login and have a closer look? It mustn't be happening.
Okay, this issue has been reproduced and fixed.
It was tricky to find out the cause, as it only affected logins with sudo-capable users.
Webmin 1.971 will have it fixed. Meanwhile, you can manually apply the patch and restart Webmin.
Submitted by mrcheidel on Sat, 01/09/2021 - 12:46 Comment #9
Submitted by JamieCameron on Sat, 01/09/2021 - 16:56 Comment #10
For anyone seeing this, the 1.971 development release of Webmin from http://www.webmin.com/devel.html has a fix for this issue.
Submitted by ManicoW on Mon, 01/11/2021 - 06:49 Comment #11
I can confirm that's the patch works.
Thanks for all
Submitted by lorelin on Sat, 01/16/2021 - 10:02 Pro Licensee Comment #12
Hi there, just got hit by this bug and I can confirm the fix in 1.971 .deb works fine on Devuan ! Thanks guys :)
Submitted by Divyesh9292 on Wed, 01/27/2021 - 12:01 Comment #13
I have same issue phasing. Please suggest me with command line. I can't access webmin from my windows web browser. Please suggest me way forward with command. My webmin server install on centos 7. I found below mention error when i try to open my webmin server with windows web browser.
Error - Perl execution failed
Undefined subroutine &main::authentic called at /usr/libexec/webmin/authentic-theme/index.cgi line 12.
The fix would be is to install "development" version of Webmin 1.971 which fixes this error.