From: Chris Blackwell
Sent: 03 January 2006 11:45
To: 'support@virtualmin.com'
Subject: RE: Virtualmin Support Request - Locked out, webmin users gone

Update

I’ve managed to get back into webmin by doing the following

[root@localhost webmin]# echo "chris:" >> /etc/webmin/miniserv.users
[root@localhost webmin]# echo "chris: *" >> /etc/webmin/webmin.acl
[root@localhost webmin]# /usr/libexec/webmin/changepass.pl /etc/webmin/ chris foo

I then went into webmin users and changed my password.
However every webmin user has been deleted apart from the junk virtual server owner listed below

I’m going thru the diffs files now (thank god loggin was turned on) and there are many entries like

modify /etc/webmin/webmin.acl
19d18
< username: mysql webalizer virtual-server file passwd change-user htaccess-htpasswd mailboxes virtualmin-awstats

I’m going to reverse all these actions to restore the users

Not sure how Virtualmin decided to delete every user, but that’s what it’s done.

If you’d like copies of my logs and diffs let me know and I’ll mail them over.

Cheers, Chris Blackwell