I migrated a web site from a dedicated server with multiple sites on the same box to three different Linode Cloud instances. For one of these sites I migrated the database separately and changed it's name. On the old box, the database was "xoop_108" on the new cloud instance it is "hinduism_today" and this is the only database on this cloud instance. I also installed the non-pro free version of VirtualMin, since I do not require multiple server management...
During migration I also pulled over the VM "stuff" and in the install scripts I see an old PHPMyAdmin script which points to the old directory.. and it indicates "directory manually deleted." So I deleted that script, which was still pointing to the now, no-existent "xoop_108" database.
After that, I got clean new, shortlist of scripts I could install (much shorter than the pro-version)... OK so far so good.
I clicked on the phpMyAdmin script installer and try to install: it offers the option to use the existing setting or from "selected databases"
But in the selected databases field there is the old name:
ergo: Bug: the installer is not scanning for existing databases... but is picking up something deep inside your virtualMin/webMin configuration that came over with the migration.
So: blocker: there is no way for me to set the phpMyAdmin installer script to the new "hinduism_today" database.
Of course I could install PhpMyAdmin on my own, and make it all work, but I prefer doing it via VirtualMin to maintain the "integrity" of the web management framework. If that makes sense....plus I thought you might like to know about this bug... hence this report.