seems we are experiencing the issue described here: http://serverfault.com/questions/275183/virtualmin-git-integration
how do we address this so that the files have proper ownership such as the other files ?
the vmin user's email describing their issue is below as well: "Hope you are doing well. Wanted to touch base quickly on an issue we are having with deploying our site changes to the server. As you know we use Git as our source control. Our usual deployment process is to push to our server, which hits a script file and syncs the server with the latest changes. The last time we pushed our files we had to manually change the owner of the files from apache to drivingjobs. We made a small change today and tried to push, but it failed.
Basically all files in this folder /home/drivingjobs/public_html/git/drivingjobs_live.git should be owned by drivingjobs so we can push to it.
We've tried chown -R drivingjobs:drivingjobs /home/drivingjobs/public_html/git/drivingjobs_live.git but it's not working.
We were able to ftp our change today, but it's not an ideal workflow moving forward if we make larger changes/updates and there are multiple files."