Unable to open Inbox mail client

I get this kind of error when opening the web client at maildomain.tld:20000

Error - Perl execution failed

sdbm store returned -1, errno 25, key "26658_message-id" at /usr/share/usermin/mailbox/folders-lib.pl line 831, line 54618.

The numbers keep changing, for example another error: sdbm store returned -1, errno 25, key "26850_to" at /usr/share/usermin/mailbox/folders-lib.pl line 804, line 46901.

I found a topic about this issue telling about a disk quota problem, but I set virtual domain, user and mailbox to unlimited without effect. I also tried to move a part of the Maildir/cur folder into an archive folder .Archive/cur using the file manager, but it was a very long operation and it did not change the situation. This box is quite huge - 7 Gb. Thanks for help



You may want to verify that the quota is indeed unlimited.

You can verify that by running these two commands from the command line:



The one shows the quota for the user, the other shows the group quota for the Virtual Server. Both should be set to unlimited -- if not, that could be the cause of what you're seeing.

This is what I get :

quota -v reihaneh Disk quotas for user reihaneh (uid 1005): Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace /dev/md2 5488 0 0 39 0 0
quota -g reihaneh Disk quotas for group reihaneh (gid 1005): none

Not sure what this means

Thank you for taking care

One possible cause is a correct DBM index file for the mailbox.

To clear the index and force it to be re-generated, try running :

su -s /bin/sh user.domain
cd .usermin/mailbox
rm *index*

Where user.domain is the full username of the problem user.

That first did not work : Masquerading the mailbox user did not work well: su -s /bin/sh user.domain did not land me at the correct place. I finally found the .usermin/mailbox directory just beside the Maildir directory

The syntax rm index seems not correct and fails. I did not found an "index" file at this place.

Using the File manager (as root), I found many files, and among them the possible candidates for deletion:

_home_reihaneh_homes_mail_Maildir.byid.findex.ns.shareontheweb.com.dir _home_reihaneh_homes_mail_Maildir.byid.findex.ns.shareontheweb.com.pag

I renamed these 2 files, and miraculously the mailbox was accessible again.

Thanks for your help

Sorry, my rm command didn't paste properly .. the commands should have been :

su -s /bin/sh user.domain
cd ~/.usermin/mailbox
rm \*index\*