Submitted by email@example.com on Thu, 10/15/2009 - 03:30
How does one go about setting up a private network between multiple xen virtual servers. What I would like to be able to do is have the xen virtual servers created with two interfaces, then for each client that has multiple virtual servers, have each server have an external nic and an internal nic that the servers can use to communicate with each other.
Submitted by JamieCameron on Thu, 10/15/2009 - 11:59 Comment #1
The way I've seen this done in the past is :
1) Add an additional NIC to each of your Xen host systems.
2) Configure a new Xen bridge in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp . I use a line like :
(network-script multiple-bridge)and a scripts/multiple-bridge file like :
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1
3) Reboot the host system to make this take effect.
4) In Cloudmin at Host Systems -> Xen Host Systems -> your host, select both bridges in the "Bridges on host system for Xen interfaces" field.
5) On the same page, define an IP range for the second bridge in the "IP address allocation range" table, then click "Save".
6) Create a new Xen system .. it should now get eth0 and eth1 interfaces, which map to eth0 and eth1 on the host system.