Ok. So I posted a little blog about my frustrations with usermin and virtualmin and Joe warmingly invited me over here to get my problems solved. So here's my problem. Everything! No not really.
Ok. So I've got a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.10 with LVM. I've got Apache2, PHP5, postfix, proftpd, open-ssh, webalizer, pop3/IMAP, yada-yada. I use dyndns.org for my sites which I thought would work, and it kinda does, but not really right now. Right now, when I put in my domain name it gives me a 403 forbidden error message. When I try to access virtualmin on 10000, I get an unable to connect. I can get to it using the local ip address. My DocumentRoot is defined in my apache2.conf as "/etc/webmin/". I changed it to "/etc/webmin" and that did nothing either.
Here's the output of my httpd.conf:<Directory / > AllowOverride None Order deny,allow Deny from all Options -Indexes </Directory> <Directory /usr/doc> AllowOverride None Order deny,allow Deny from all </Directory> <Location /server-status> SetHandler server-status Order deny,allow Deny from all </Location> <IfModule mod_mime.c> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi </IfModule> SetEnv WEBMIN_CONFIG /etc/webmin SetEnv WEBMIN_VAR /var/webmin SetEnv SERVER_ROOT /usr/share/webmin SetEnv MINISERV_CONFIG /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf <Directory /etc/webmin> Options ExecCGI AuthName Webmin AuthType basic AuthUserFile /etc/webmin/htusers require valid-user </Directory> <Directory /usr/local/webmin> Options ExecCGI AuthName Webmin AuthType basic AuthUserFile /etc/webmin/htusers require valid-user </Directory> TraceEnable off
I don't understand what I've got misconfigured. I know it's something I've done. I'm just hoping it's not an RTFM thing 'cause that would really suck. Thanks for the help.